Monday, January 12, 2009

Oooo! Bendy!

Photobucket

I got to go on a field trip with my daughter's first grade class today. What is it like riding in a bus full of first graders? LOUD! But it was a really cool field trip! We went to see the Peking Acrobats at a gorgeous historic theater. I was ooing and aahing before the performance even started. Yes, I'm a sucker for beautiful architecture.

So back to the acrobats - they were amazing! My daughter kept laughing at me because I kept saying, "No way!" repeatedly. I mean really, are people supposed to bend, fly and lift that way? I felt like I should have been telling the kids not to try those things at home. I'm guessing that there will be at least a handful of homes that will have broken pots, chairs and anything else the kids tried out their new stunts with. No honey, the dog doesn't like to be twirled around in the air. Why do you ask?

I searched YouTube and found a handful of video clips of the Peking Acrobats. I've decided to post the one that showed my daughter's favorite part of the performance. Enjoy!



2 comments:

Holly said...

Wow! I'm assuming there are two people inside those dog(?) costumes, which makes the coordination even more amazing!
Thanks for visiting my blog!

Wendy said...

Yes, there were 2 people in the lion costumes. At our performance, they did something different at the end. Sometime during the act, they added a 3rd person into the costume (no legs showing) and the 3rd person in each popped out and they looked like baby lions. Very cute!