Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sister of mine, you were warned...

Photobucket

Sister of mine, you've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders. The first one is never get involved in a land war in Asia. The second, only slightly less well known, is never go up against a Sicilian when death is on the line. The third is never be rude to a blogger because said blogger WILL blog about it!

I was talking to my sister tonight and we were talking about what we'd done today. She asked me what I had for dinner and I told her that I took my daughter to McDonald's. I really hate going there and I try to limit doing the fast food thing to once a month, so tonight was that outing. My daughter had just finished a swimming lesson and had done really well (another post on that to come) and she was pleading for McDonald's. My husband was working late, so it was just the two of us... I gave in, much to the dismay of my stomach which really can't handle fast food like it used to.

Now, back to my sister who has apparently appointed herself to the diet police. She asked me, "Was that on your diet?" You know, because that's always so very helpful a question to ask anyone who is on a diet. Let's see a show of hands of the people who have been on a diet, had that said to them and it helped them... Hmmm... No one? What a shock! Not helpful to anyone!

But just for grins, I'll answer the question. Yes, it did fit into my diet today. The number of calories I've consumed is still UNDER what I'm supposed to have, thank you very much. Hmph!

Watch out for dieting bloggers - they're cranky!


Photobucket

No comments: